Energy drinks are popular, but they aren’t always a good, safe idea. Lanna Hamann was just 16 years old when she drank a Red Bull and within moments collapsed and died. It was the summer of 2014 and Lanna was on vacation with her family in Mexico. Lanna was a student at Sunrise Mountain High School in Peoria, AZ.
She was an outgoing and healthy teenager. Lanna played on her school’s softball team and had no previous medical issues. Lanna’s mom went public after the death of her daughter to warn others of the hazards of energy drinks. Lanna had been dehydrated on the day she died, the only thing she had been drinking was high-sugar, caffeinated energy drinks. She was addicted to them.
The high levels of sugar and caffeine in those drinks can be dangerous. This can happen to anyone – spread the word, people.