She could not be released – the animal waited for death from suffocation, if it were not provided with qualified assistance.
On the hostage of the homemade feeder from the plastic bottle passers-by were immediately told to the employees of the park department of the museum. Squirrel was taken to veterinarians.
Specialists freed the captive from the suffocating plastic collar. According to them, if it had not been possible to provide timely assistance, the animal would have died.
At night, the squirrel was placed in the economic building in the museum “Tsarskoe Selo”, warm and safe. In the morning of January 8, the rescued animal was released at the Catherine Park.
“We are glad that this story ended safely,” says Olga Filippova, the guardian of the parks of GMZ “Tsarskoye Selo”. – And very grateful to our visitors who saved the squirrel. But, alas, such cases can result in the death of animals. Therefore, once again, we strongly ask you not to install in the parks self-made feeders.
Like Us On Facebook!